One part of the fall and winter that I hate is that i no longer have that healthy glow that comes from frolicking in the sun for hours (wearing sunblock of course.) No matter how well I exfoliate and moisturize, I just can’t get that glow back.
Of course, I’m typically covered head to toe for the harsh Northeast winters, but every now and then I step out and like to show some skin. But as I said before, that summer time glow is long gone. My skin isn’t dry or rough. I’m not dehydrated or lacking in vitamins. My skin just lacks the sheen that a healthy amount time in the sun gives it. Much like my mood, my skin reacts positively to sunlight.
What’s this secret to sun-kissed skin in the winter you ask? It’s The Body Shop’s Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil. It comes in 2 shades; Honey Kissed and Golden Honey. My color of choice is Golden Honey. It compliments my deep complexion magically. Besides that, let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons.
- Dries quickly and doesn’t transfer much
- What does transfer is easily washed out
- Not heavy or sticky
- Doesn’t streak
- Smells good (in my opinion) but the smell doesn’t linger
- Blurs skin imperfections (light scars, stretch marks, cellulite)
- Comes in glass bottle (glass bottle + oily hands= recipe for disaster)
- Color washes off
- Not a substitute for moisturizer. You will need to apply a lotion first and let that sink in.
- Your hands will be glittery, even after washing them once or twice
Overall, I love this body bronzer oil. If you’re looking for a self tanner, this isn’t for you, but if you’re looking to add some overall glow to your whole body I give this 2 thumbs up.